Wednesday July 22 2020
The videos were put together by experts from across our network, as part of Business Fights Poverty Online 2020: Rebuild Better, and we are immensely grateful to them for sharing their expertise. All the Seminars and “How-To” Videos can all be accessed via this link.
Our Seminars are around 15 to 20 minutes long, and give an oversight into the latest thinking on some of the “big picture” issues.
- What is Driving the Purpose Debate? with Ben Kellard, Director of Business Strategy at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL).
- What does Purpose look like in practice? with Ben Kellard, Director of Business Strategy at the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL).
- What are the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 on the most vulnerable? with Dr Dirk Willem te Velde, Principal Research Fellow and Director for International Economic Development at the Overseas Development Institute.
- What is the latest thinking regarding employment-relevant skills for young people? with Linda Wanklin, Researcher and PhD Candidate in International Affairs and Political Economy at the University of St.Gallen, Switzerland.
- What is the place of human rights in the business environment? with Michael Addo, Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame.
- An introduction to cross-sector collaboration and public-private partnerships, with Jodie Thorpe, Research Fellow, Institute of Development Studies, and Leandro “Leo” Pongeluppe, Ph.D. Candidate, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
Our short “How-To” Videos focus on the practicalities of embedding purpose into core business, providing actionable tips in five minutes or less.
- How can I report on my company’s purpose? with Professor Robert G. Eccles, Visiting Professor of Management Practice at University of Oxford’s Said Business School.
- How do I identify which sustainability issues my company should be reporting on? with Professor Robert G. Eccles, Visiting Professor of Management Practice at University of Oxford’s Said Business School.
- How can I convince my company to do integrated reporting?, with Professor Robert G. Eccles, Visiting Professor of Management Practice at University of Oxford’s Said Business School.
- How do I measure my company’s sustainability performance? with Clara Barby, Chief Executive, Impact Management Project.
- How to partner with NGOs, government and others to deliver both business and development goals? with Darian Stibbe, Executive Director and Dave Prescott, Creative Director, The Partnering Initiative.
You can watch all these videos at your own convenience, through the Business Fights Poverty Online 2020 webpage, where you can also explore free online learning modules by Pearson, and purchase a Digital Pass to access recordings and written summaries of all our webinars from the week.
Look out for more of these punchy and informative videos in the coming months. If you have questions you’d like to see addressed, or would like to offer your own insights in a Seminar or “How-To” Video, we’d love to hear from you.